- Check out our ‘most frequently asked questions’, or contact us today.
1. How do you count your days ?
- Our rental days are based on a 24 hour period: the time you pick up your rental is the time it is due back.
2. How reliable are your cars ?
- Our cars are hand-picked for their reliability. We have our own mechanical workshop which service and check our cars prior to each rental, and each car undergoes a full safety check at each service.
3. What happens if my rental car breaks down ?
- In the event of a breakdown or other unforseen circumstance, give us a call during normal office hours and we will send out a technician to get you going again, if he cannot, he will arrange for a replacement vehicle for you to continue your trip.*
4. Am I covered if I lock the keys in the car ?
- No. Non-mechanical call-outs such as locking your keys in the car, losing your keys, running out of petrol, etc. A call-out fee may apply – ask in-store.
5. Can I return the car to another EconoCar Rental location ?
- No. The car needs to be returned to the location it was rented from
6. Can I return the car outside of office hours ?
- No. All cars are to be returned during office hours. If you return the car outside of our office hours it will be parked at your own risk and considered to be your responsibility until the car is checked in by a EconoCar Rental representative.
7. How old do I have to be ?
- You need to be at least 21 years of age to rent a car from us.
8. Can I get someone else to rent the car and I drive if I am too young to rent the car myself ?
- No. All drivers need to have their details and signatures on the rental agreement in order to be covered for any damages.
9. How can I pay for the rental ?
- You can pay with either cash, paypal, debit cards or credit card for our cars. You are required to pay for the rental when you pick up the vehicle.
10. Can I pay on return ?
- No. The rental needs to be paid in advance.
11. Can someone else pay on my behalf with their credit card ?
- Yes, but all parties will need to sign the rental agreement.
12. How far can I travel with your cars ?
- You can travel as far as you would like, “the world, (well Australia) is your oyster” each vehicle comes with a daily allowance of 250 kilometers, if you happen to go beyond this $0.20cents/kilometer is charged.
13. Do you do drop-offs and pick -ups from Coffs harbour airport or from where I am staying ?
- Yes, if your rental is 4 days or longer we do this at no charge, if it is less than this, we can arrange it for a small charge (less than a cab).
14. Do you do drop-offs and pick-ups outside of your normal business hours?
- Yes we do, but these are by prior arrangement.